City officials are testing red light cameras at several Boca Raton intersections.
During a 30-day period that ends April 14, a warning notice will be issued to the registered owner of vehicles running red lights. There will be no fine for this warning.
Approval for red light cameras at certain intersections won approval from the City Council on Oct. 13, 2010.
Cameras operate 24 hours a day and capture still images and video of every vehicle running a red light at certain intersections.
After April 14, violations will be reviewed and approved by the Boca Raton Police Services Department prior to a citation being issued. The registered owner may review the images online, and has the option to pay the fine or appeal the citation in court. These citations do not result in any points on the driver’s record.
The safety cameras are located at:
• East- and westbound Glades Road at Northwest 15th Street
• Eastbound Glades Road at St. Andrews Boulevard
• Northbound St. Andrews Boulevard at Glades Road
• North- and southbound Federal Highway at Northeast 20th Street
• North- and southbound Military Trail at Spanish River Boulevard
• North- and southbound Congress Avenue at Clint Moore Road
• East- and westbound Glades Road at Northwest Second Avenue
For more information about the program, including a downloadable informational brochure and answers to FAQs, see Red Light Safety Program page on the Boca Raton Police Services Dept. website: www.BocaPolice.com. Ú